i want to
you the way
i don’t have a
place to stay
moon pulling my
sand - you’re
the horizon on
guys i think dean winchester is kind of sort of in love with castiel
"I swear to god, Cas—"
"Doubtful it would do much," Cas says, staring at the can in his hands, thoroughly distracted. "Especially considering the fact that He is, most likely, dea—"
“Cas,” Dean hisses, and Cas finally looks up, face pinched and vaguely annoyed. “Do not. Read. Everything.”
At that, Cas frowns. “What do you mean, Dean? Words are written to be read.”
"Yeah, great philosophy. Philosophy does not apply to ingredients labels.” He plucks the can from Cas’s hands and stuffs it back onto the nearest shelf, and tries not to notice how hard the women behind them are staring.
Of course they are. They must make quite a couple.
Not a couple. A pair.
Not a pair— Jesus Christ. Forget it. Just. Cas is weird. They’re reacting. Because Cas. Is weird.
80k / 3 Chapters / NC17
Dean wipes at his mouth. “Not poison,” he pronounces. “I think it’s wine.”
“You think it’s wine?”
“It’s hot. And sweet. And girly as hell.” He passes the thermos back to Castiel, who takes an experimental drink.
Dean is right. It’s a thermos full of mulled wine. It’s warm as it slides down his throat. Castiel finishes his sip and is about to put the cap back on the thermos when he notices Dean contemplating the thermos. Wordlessly, he offers it back to Dean, who takes another drink.
“Shut up,” Dean says, pinning him with a look.
“I won’t tell.”
Destiel AU Fic Rec List: Crime, Leviathans, Demons & Godstiel (70 fics)
- A Certain Kind of Necessity by Darkforetold [AO3] [LJ] 2 600 words NC-17 1940s AU. Dean, a simple tailor, finds himself in service to the Don of the Sant’Angelo crime family. Because money is tight, Dean provides a little something extra to make ends meet.
- Angelface by Anticipatingboces [FF.net] 50 000 words NC-17 Now that they have his fingerprints, the FBI have begun to piece together a mostly fictional account of what must have happened. AU, slash and serial killers. Kidnapping. Brainwashing.
- Better To Break Then To Bend by Fossarian [AO3] 6 600 words NC-17 Dean’s in love with his father’s chauffeur.
- Carve Until You Are Free by [AO3] [LJ] 1 800 words R The Winchesters, along with Castiel, are infamous serial killers, but when it comes to Dean and Cas, they don’t just like to hurt their victims.
- Catch Us If You Can by Tracyloowho [AO3] 2 100 words R It started off slow. A body or two along a highway a little carved up. Each one had a D carved on them. In other states at the same time, one or two bodies killed by the same, circular blade. The police identified these bodies as the works of two different people. Two different killers.
actually this bugs me a lot too
sorry but i’m going to turn this into a destiel rant
NO NO I LIKE YOUR DESTIEL RANT (and wow that’s not something I’d ever thought I’d say). On occasion, although rarely, I will read Destiel, but, yeah, pretty much only if it’s the way you say. Because, yeah, like literally the entire point of the show is “screw destiny,” especially in the first five seasons. To me, Destiel works much better within the context of the show (and is ultimately a more poignant pairing) if it’s going against destiny.
Totally agree with this!
Trying to bring destiny or fate or whatever into the equation just kind of…ruins the point? Of everything? Not just of the relationship, but like you said — the entire show, really. The point of the show is literally “fuck destiny; get free will.” I don’t understand the appeal of the “destined to be together” thing at all.
plus I think the whole idea of “making it up as we go” is far more romantic anyway but maybe that’s just me
“Well,” Dean says, as he pulls into Cas’s driveway. “We’re here.”
Cas snorts. “You don’t have to be so dramatic about it, Dean,” he says. “You’re three houses down from mine.”
“No,” Dean insists, parking the car and turning the engine off. “This is a date, our first real date. Which means I’m gonna walk you up to your door, and I’m gonna kiss you goodnight, and I’m gonna keep my hands strictly above the waist, alright?”